Thursday, January 1, 2009

Smooth Jazz

Currently Reading: Warlords

Random fact from this book - Adolf Hitler sent his own photographer to take pictures of Joseph Stalin's ear to make sure he wasn't of Jewish descent. I didn't want to say anything, but I think that guy might've been crazy.

Can't wait to read Soldat, a German perspective of Nazi fever that swept Deutschland off its feet and under a pile of shit for years to come

Just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Colleen. Both loved it -- it's been a while since I've gone out to see a thoughtful movie. Next: Valkyrie and possibly (under the influence of the Masula) The Day the Earth Stood Still. Saving the gumball movie for a rainy rental.

Tonight, watched His Girl Friday, a favorite, but can't find the classic screwball comedy where someone hands a piece of pie through a slot to a woman! Also, added Blame It On Fidel to my Netflix list, but apparently exceeded my alotted minutes for his month. Red bastards.

Currently can't stop listening to: American Boy, by Estelle. The incredibly gay side of me loves catchy rhythms and liquid lyrics of mediocre artists.

A really good New Year's, this year. Scott, Ariel, Colleen, Ashley are a stellar group. Wish stellar was still technically an "in" word. And my Christmas presents were awesome!

Finally happy about my major. I'll never be bored. I'll take the criticism and disparaging remarks made by others who say it'll be too hard, not enough money and a terrible and failing business to get into, because I know they're wrong. I'm excited to get out and learn - something others will stop doing after college. It's such an eclectic job, too. I may not be the best writer, but I have that passion and curiousity for it, and, above all, I'll be happy. Kudos me, I made myself pregnant.

Got lost in someone's profile today again. So many people in the world, it's ridiculous. And yes, I'm a creeper. I don't consider it stalking though, because there's no more once I'm done. Read, look, immerse, become, then get out. It'd be weird to live someone else's life for a little while. So many people in the world.


http://globalsolutions.org/issues/call_olympic_boycott_justified

Don't get me wrong -- I'm over the Chinese Olympics and everything. But only because I have to be. This article turned out to be a decent read and re-surfaced a lot of my simmering opinions some time before the Nest went up.

Next road trip: Historical site, maybe in Virginia, Boston or New York. The Masula and I are in planning. Next large trip: cruise in the Bahamas. Future I'll-Need-A-Sponsor adventure: Beunos Aires, Argentina. Melting pot of desire. We'll figure out the job thing later. For now, let us dream.
















No comments:

Post a Comment